Monday, March 10, 2014

It's time to announce our staff for 2014 CGM

Hello!
We are so excited to start annoucing the staff for Camp Gailor-Maxon 2014! We will introduce a staff member every day for the next 2 weeks as there are 14 of us to meet, including a Director, Assistant Directors and our fabulous staff!

So without further ado, let us introduce you to our fabulous Director, Vena Bagwell Champion! She is so excited to start the summer and wanted to introduce herself to all of you!

"Greetings from the mountain!
One of my first memories of the mountain is of my childhood church - St. Mary Magdalene, Fayetteville - having a family retreat at DuBose Conference Center. Beginning then, I knew I would always have a home on the mountain. Camp Gailor- Maxon, the House of Young Churchmen, the Leadership Training Conference, Winterfest, and Happening were several of the yearly camps and conferences that brought me to DuBose throughout my youth. After my years as a counselor at Camp Gailor- Maxon, only a few events brought me back for a scheduled time at DuBose, but I always found myself driving through the conference center grounds introducing new friends, my husband, and now my children to this place that gives us a chance to slow down and reconnect with God and those around us.

Over the past five years, I have had the opportunity to work with camp through the DuBose Board - helping to develope new programs and working behind the scenes. This year I am excited to be physically on the mountain once more!"





 

Stay tuned for more introductions to come!

No comments: