Monday, May 4, 2015

Meet the staff! Starting with Lara Wiggins!

It's that time to let everyone meet our amazing CGM staff! We are so excited for these folks to be on the mountain this summer! So without further ado, here is the CGM 2015 staff!

To start us off is our amazing Director, Lara Wiggins! After being our chaplain last summer we are thrilled for Lara to be back as director this year! 

Hello Camp Gailor-Maxon Community !!!

I am greatly looking forward to being a part of your camping experience for Summer Camp 2015 and working with the incredible camp Gailor-Maxon summer staff! I will serve as Gailor-Maxon’s summer camp director.

I am from a small town in the central gulf coast, Fairhope, in south Alabama and located on beautiful Mobile Bay. Life has willed opportunities for me to live out west in Dubois, Wyoming and in Nashville, Tennessee. I attended Auburn University for undergraduate studies, then worked as a field staff for an outdoor education program, SOAR, and then relocated to Nashville to serve as a youth minister for Christ Church Cathedral. Following my time in Nashville, I retreated back to my roots in south Alabama and worked for Beckwith Camp and Conference Center as a summer camp director.

Today, I am currently back in Nashville attending Vanderbilt Divinity school and interning with St. Augustine’s Chapel. I am pumped about meeting all of you and spending time in Gailor-Maxon’s sacred community of faith, we will celebrate life and joy together! Camp Gailor-Maxon will be a safe space that allows you to leave parts of your life behind, to come seek and explore God in a loving, affirming community that will help you to identify and grow your faith.

Peace!, look forward to seeing you on the mountain,

Lara Wiggins


No comments: